Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Waiting Game


Well another day another firing (not really) I have a kiln of crystalline pieces to be opened tomorrow hopefully there will be something nice to show. I have a couple of test colours in also as well as the tried and true. I have managed to get a couple of pit (barrel) firings done with some good though not spectacular results, luckily as it has started raining here yet again. The actual pit was finally empty well for a couple of days. I have been working hard on some sculptural pieces and wall work which is not my usual field. Throwing functional ware is my favourite pastime, so this is making me use the grey matter who knows what may come out of this maybe something fantastic, maybe not.

Until next time, which will be soon if tomorrows results are good.

Wendy

No comments:

A creative year ahead!

It is the start of a new year so I thought I would try something new, this is it.

So be patient with me I'll get the hang of it eventually, computers aren't my thing. Hopefully it won't get thrown out the window during the process.

Next week I start back at tafe part-time for a 3rd year of Ceramics, mostly for the knowledge that is around the institution. It will be great to get back amongst the energy and like minded people, hopefully it will get the creativity flowing again.

Until next time........

Wendy!