Monday, June 7, 2010

Crystalline Vase


Well finally a sale, this beautiful Crystalline Vase has a new home in Sydney, I think it's great that someone likes my work enough to want it in their home. I admit I was beginning to think that I was going to have to keep every one of them. People keep telling me they are beautiful but alas they are still at my house maybe this is the start of something bigger and better. I have been busy working on some wall pieces some of which are to be crystalline glazed, I see them exactly in my mind can't wait to see them on the wall. I have also just finished my first block of childrens workshops they went really well and the kids made some great stuff will post some photos when the pieces are fired. Maybe this will lead to some more work in this area which would be fantastic. Anyway off to the shed to fire the kiln and do some throwing for an order.

Till next time Wendy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey wendy...queen of clay! i found your blog. looks great!!! and i love this chrystaline vase......well done on sale. may many more follow. love les

Avi said...

The Crystalline Glaze Forum

Come join the Nuthouse!!

http://s3.excoboard.com/crystal

A creative year ahead!

It is the start of a new year so I thought I would try something new, this is it.

So be patient with me I'll get the hang of it eventually, computers aren't my thing. Hopefully it won't get thrown out the window during the process.

Next week I start back at tafe part-time for a 3rd year of Ceramics, mostly for the knowledge that is around the institution. It will be great to get back amongst the energy and like minded people, hopefully it will get the creativity flowing again.

Until next time........

Wendy!