Sunday, April 17, 2011

Introducing Albert


As promised here is Albert (named not for any particular reason) completed, no kiln disasters thankfully. I just put a manganese wash on him and fired him to 1100o I have a big tree stump at home where he is going to live. When we have a group exhibition in September we are going to show our finished pieces from Janna's workshop. Next week we are meeting with Janna again to make animals for her Farm Animals for Ebenezer charity. They will be donated and sold to raise funds to build a chook yard for the orphanage in Zambia. It will be great fun and hopefully will raise enough for them to complete the project. We have about 15 people attending so it should mean 15 pieces at least to donate.

Until next time

Wendy

No comments:

A creative year ahead!

It is the start of a new year so I thought I would try something new, this is it.

So be patient with me I'll get the hang of it eventually, computers aren't my thing. Hopefully it won't get thrown out the window during the process.

Next week I start back at tafe part-time for a 3rd year of Ceramics, mostly for the knowledge that is around the institution. It will be great to get back amongst the energy and like minded people, hopefully it will get the creativity flowing again.

Until next time........

Wendy!